It's been a while since I have finished this project, but due to uni starting again and beginning my internship, I've only now come around to posting some pictures.
Well, there's not a lot to say, I guess. For construction details, you can always refer back to my first half slip post. Other than that, the only thing I've changed was that I sewed on the elastic Gertie's way instead of just sewing it to the front (as shown below).
The fabric was a bit more expensive than that for my other projects. I bought it from some Moroccan man in Brussels, who told me it was "soie synthétique". Well, I don't know if there's a difference with the fabrics I previously used, but the wrong side is definitely less coarse.
Elastic: 0,57EUR for 0,6 meter
Lace: 2,95EUR for 1 meter
I went fall fabric shopping last week, but only came home with one of the fabrics that were on my list (and another one that was not). I guess I'll have to go to one of the larger fabric stores in Brussels to find what I want (unfortunately they're way more expensive than my usual store). I also bought the two skirt patterns I needed, so at least that's something. I made a quick muslin (or something pretending to be a muslin) for the shorts I plan on making, and it seems like it's a pattern that comes together very easily, but since the Clover sew-along is coming up, I thought I'd maybe wait with cutting my fabric to pick up a few welcome tips. Also, I need to figure out how to put a lining in, so if anyone can offer me some advise, I'm all ears!